NEW TOPMAN STORE OPENS IN KNIGHTSBRIDGE, LONDON
Growing up as a teenager, we’re not educated about fashion (unless
you have stylish friends from Central Saint Martins or Parsons NY).
We’re either developing style as we grow or get inspired by others,
that’s pretty much how I used this blog to build my representation.
The peaking moments of being a suit virgin at 17 years old, (we’re not
talking school blazer uniforms), but more prom suits, occasional wedding
attires and that first business suit. The Topman Spring Summer 2016
Campaign ‘THIS IS TAILORING’ encapsulates the mood of the season as
summer events get underway. In need of a new attire for the BBQ Garden
Party, the leading sartorial destination on the highstreet, Topman
recently opened in Knightsbridge. Ideal for a last minute pit stop,
I finally found the ideal double breasted suit, have searched for ages.
With a nostalgic nod to the 1970’s the double breasted suit remerges as
a key high fashion statement. About time a destination for menswear.
Topman Knightsbridge, 87-135 Brompton Road, Knightsbridge, SW1X 7XL
Now that I am in the fashion industry, I always question the movement
of fashion, especially the subject of menswear tailoring. Besides the
rise of skinny fit suits and high rises ankle trousers, the lack of
double breasted suits has always been an issue to find. Tailoring has
been a tradition for decades, a timeless classic for every gentleman.
The interest or demand for double breasted suits has yet to take the
steep slope, due to the marketing discussion of buyers & trends.
5 Reasons why you need double breasted suits in your life.
1. Every fashion forward gentleman has one, so you should have one too. Trending at fashion weeks and designer collections worldwide.
2. There is a supreme empowerment to this suit than single/ two button suits. You’ll love the attention and power.
3. A key sartorial statement piece with a diverse use, styled opened or closed, elegantly or casually for every season.
4. The double breasted layering, is an advantage for covering up that hamburger you ate.
5. The structure of a Double breasted blazer has a minimal shoulder padding, to give that stature definition.
Clothing by Topman SS16 #ThisisTailoring
Event hosted by The White Company
Assistant Photographer: Simone